I can’t believe how much he likes coming here! or some similar exclamation is heard at least 4-5 times a week here at Cherry Point. If only our four-legged friends could talk we’d ask them to give a testimonial, but instead we’ll have to take their parents’ word for it:
Cherry Point is Cassie, my dog’s, home away from home. She’s usually less than friendly but she loves staying at the kennel when I go out of town. Joyce, in particular, and the rest of the staff have made a genuine effort to make Cassie happy. When I take her in, she pulls at her leash in her excitement. The folks at Cherry Point have done amazing things with this untrusting dog, who was obviously mistreated before I got her. She doesn’t like many people, but she loves all of them, and absolutely adores Joyce.
Furthermore, I am very pleased with the care the vets at Cherry Point have given my pet. They always give me plenty of time and patiently answer all of my questions. Above all, the friendly ladies at the counter make a genuine effort to help their clients- something that can’t be said about some other clinics in town.-Ann H. Knight
We are very fortunate to have a large amount of outdoor space in our kennels. Because of that, our boarders are able to run and actually get some exercise when we let them out. Every dog is let outside individually twice a day while our caring staff tidies their “house” and prepares their meals as instructed. Our yards are enclosed by 6-foot fences with a security feature at the top, allowing your pet to run and play, unrestrained by a leash. For those who need even more exercise, or just want to enjoy some extra fresh air, additional mid-day walks are an option for an additional fee. Boarders can be dropped off and picked up during normal business hours. For our client’s convenience, we provide a Sunday pickup service from 5:00pm-6:00pm for an additional fee.
What better peace of mind could you ask for than knowing if medical attentions is needed, you pet will receive it right away? Our kennel staff receive cross training in the hospital, making us even better equipped to care for your pets. We will take time to get know your pets and by better knowing them we will more quickly notice if any problems arise during their stay. Most importantly, we will treat them as if they’re our own.
You are welcome to tour our facility. We ask that you come during a time when we have fewer pets in transition such as between 10:00 am and 4:00 pm Monday-Friday. We are also available to complete other procedures for your pet while boarding such as: nail trims, anal gland expressions, routine physicals and vaccinations, baths, grooming, etc. When admitting your pet for boarding, please advise the staff of any additional procedures/services you would like conducted.
Important Boarding Information
For the safety of all pets, we require vaccinations be current and must have been given by a licensed veterinarian. We will not accept vaccines given by an owner or breeder. Clients are responsible for providing verification or we will inoculate the pet upon admission. We regret that we are unable to contact other veterinarians to obtain vaccine history. The required vaccinations are as follows:
- Canine Distemper/Parvo Combination Vaccine
- Bordetella (kennel cough)
- Canine Influenza Vaccine
- Feline Distemper Combination Vaccine
- Feline Leukemia (optional but highly recommended)
- Our canine boarders are let outside twice daily into a fenced in yard- each family individually.
- They are out 5 – 15 minutes morning and evening. During this time their “house” is cleaned, fresh water given, food prepared, and medications given when necessary.
- There is an optional mid-day walk for pets who need to go out more frequently. ($6.50/pet)
- We provide dry food only. Purina EN is a good transitional food for dogs; it’s easy on their stomachs! Cats are fed Science Diet Adult dry food.
- Clients can bring their own food if they prefer, there is no difference in cost of boarding.
- Food and/or treats brought from home cannot be accepted unless stored in a hard plastic container with a lid that seals tightly.
- We have blankets and towels we can put down for pets at client’s request.
- If bedding is brought from home it can be no bigger than a bath towel, it cannot contain any filler or stuffing (unless it can be thrown away if soiled), and must be safe to launder with any other type of material.
- Monday through Friday we are open 7:30am – 6:00pm and Saturday 8:00am – 1:00pm.
- We open up on Sunday for boarding pick up only from 5pm – 6 pm. There is an additional fee for this service.
- If any evidence of internal or external parasites is found, the pet will be treated at the owner’s expense.
- Collars and leashes need to be removed and left with the client.
- We are not responsible for lost or damaged items including collars, leashes, bedding, toys, food, storage containers, or treats.
Canine Run Dimensions
- Large run- 3’ x 5-6’
- Extra Large run- 3 ½’ x 8’ or 5’ x 7’